My Blog List

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Pets

I love my pets, can you tell?  Millie came to me after I lost a dog companion of 13 years.  Her name was Precious and she was my dog from day one.  She was a maniac and I loved her dearly and she loved me.
Millie just happened to debut online and every time I saw her little video, my heart would smile, even though just losing Precious had broken it.  She would woo at the door of her foster parents and it was just adorable.  I've had her over two and a half years now and I love her dearly.
I began looking for a pet for Millie after our 17 year old cat died.  I went to our local shelter which is always full of cats, kittens and dogs and there was this little black and white fellow who pushed himself to the front of his cage and really made me notice him that day...but I wanted a long haired female and he was a short haired male.
Anyway a few days later I took Millie to the shelter and we sat on the floor while at least a dozen cats and kittens ran all around us and didn't pay any attention to us at all, they were just thrilled to be out of their cages for a bit.  Quincy was the last one out of a cage and he sat right at my feet and looked me square in the face.  After which, he crawled up my left side, around my neck, nuzzled my right cheek and then crawled down my right side and nuzzled with Millie.  Needless to say, he was going home with us!
I am so thrilled with him.  He fetches, follows me from room to room, goes outside on a leash, and so many other "doggie" things that Millie wouldn't lower herself to do!  They are a riot together too!
Quincy has been learning to sleep with me and he's getting the hang of it.  I love having him with me, he is a real doll.
Two months and two weeks after I got Quincy our humane shelter burned down and his little sister that was with him in the crate and many, many others lost their precious little furry lives that night.  No people were harmed, thank God, and now there are many working hard to get a new and better shelter built where that will never happen again.
My little fur-babies are a blessing to me, and I love them dearly.    

No comments:

Post a Comment