My Blog List

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Patience...

It's time to begin to roll out some clay for Saturday's Ornament clay class.  I have such a good time sharing my "crafts"  and teaching others how to do what I enjoy so much.

Working with clay the last few years has been so satisfying.  It's like all the years and crafts before were leading me to clay.

One thing I have learned since working with clay is patience.  Clay takes time...it takes time to work up the clay just to get it ready to go, time to let it dry once the items are made, time to wet sand each piece, time to bisque, time to glaze and THEN the time it takes for kiln to cool down so you can open it without getting burned...patience has never been easy for me, but thanks to my clay hobby, I'm learning to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment